I’m going to jump right in this week because I can be long-winded when I start talking about maps. The Pannulus map project I vowed to finish before January was through is complete. As I tend to do, I’ll probably always tinker with it, but the basic map is done.
About a year ago I completed the Tremjara continent map and an idea formed for a series in the island group off the northeast coast. On the fly, I blew up that tiny portion of the map to have as reference. All well and good, but I stretched it too much and it pixelated, losing its definition. It looked okay small (25%), but anything more and it was awful. Too, I made some other significant errors in my haste, which I talked about earlier this month.
Thus the project.
*To be clear, the new map holds up even at 300% magnification without significant loss of definition, but what I share online are screenshots of a JPEG file, which means these don’t magnify as well. Mostly it’s a copyright thing. Also, I’ve named the phases I went through for this blog, but in reality I wasn’t that organized.
For Phase-1 I cleaned up edges and redefined the hills and mountains to a degree…
To read about all the phases, additions to the map, and see examples from during the process—not to mention the new Pannulus map—please join me on the website HERE.